In this challenging and worrying time I wanted to make information know to our residents of how the City Corporation is trying to help -
If you live in the Square Mile, are self-isolating and require help, please let us know by emailing the The City Corporation - COLfirstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 7606 3030. Please note, you can emailon behalf of someone else (with their consent).
The mailbox is treated with confidentiality.
Please send your or their (if you are sending on someone else’s behalf):
- phone number
- date of birth
- date self-isolation began
- and let us know if you or they have any concerns or special requirements.
Please indicate if you are happy for your contact details to be shared with local voluntary and community groups who may be able to support you.
Get Government help if you are vulnerable
If you have received a text/ letter from the NHS that you are in the “extremely vulnerable” group, or if you are vulnerable, please register to receive government support services.
What you should do
The City of London Corporation is dedicated to ensuring that we protect the most vulnerable, support our residents and continue to provide key services during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The latest Government instruction is to stay at home and:
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work
- Stay two metres (six feet) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Some non-essential services may need to be closed or operate at reduced levels to support social distancing for staff and service users.
Some people may need extra support at this time, and we are actively encouraging good neighbourliness and support through established local community groups.
Washing your hands is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself and others from the virus. The NHS provides guidance on hand-washing.
For more detailed advice on the following areas, please visit our dedicated City of London Residents’ Advice Page
- Staying at home, for households with possible COVID-19 infection
- Worried about your income during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Schools and other educational settings
- Libraries in the City
- Help with your health and wellbeing
- If you wish to support COVID-19 relief efforts
- City Advice
- Latest Government Advice
- Potential COVID-19 (Corona virus) related scams