2020 has not been the year I suspect anyone predicted thanks to Covid-19.
Here I offer some updates and information that I hope will be of use.
The City & TfL today published updated plans and advice to help Londoners travel safely and sustainably. This follows the Government’s announcement yesterday on how restrictions on movement will gradually start to ease.
To help plan for the coming return to work, TfL are seeking insight into the challenges and opportunities for your business and employees. We would be very grateful if you could kindly spare 3-5 minutes to complete this short business survey. Your response will be anonymous and held in confidence. The survey closes at 17:00 on THURSDAY 14 MAY 2020. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v2W9H-9d6k6mkqCJwlU0awgtedUPLuROkOOoup_tZnpUMFBLVU5PVDhZUzZVTUZNNVAxTENVQTRDSC4u
The advice for Londoners is as follows:
· If you can work from home, please continue to do so. Social distancing on transport will not be possible unless people who can work from home continue to do so
· Do not expect to return to the transport network you were used to before. The number of people we can safely transport on buses and trains is severely constrained to enable social distancing
· If you must travel, please re imagine how to do so. Walk and cycle if you can. New walking and cycling space is being created to support this
· Shop locally and use local leisure facilities to help keep demand on buses and tubes down
· The latest Government advice is that, although face coverings are unlikely to prevent you from getting the virus, they could help prevent you from giving it to others. Face coverings are particularly important where 2m social distancing is hard to maintain
· Further measures to prevent crowding through new queuing systems will be in operation, and advice on maintaining social distancing will be supplied across the transport network
· Please respect each other’s space and try to maintain social distancing wherever possible
A detailed press release can be found at: https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2020/may/tfl-announces-plan-to-help-london-travel-safely-and-sustainably
The City have a dedicated page to help businesses here –
The City also have a dedicated page to help residents here –